Friday, June 5, 2009

Death of the Trampoline

The other day the kids were jumping on the tramp and the whole thing ripped in half. It's a gonner. We have been fortunate not to have any accidents on it yet. Rare, I know. A million close calls though. Are we mean parents if we don't replace it? The kids are ticked and are planning a revolt. "But Dad, everyone has a tramp... We won't ever get hurt...". Yae, yae, yae. We told them that they'll have so much more fun without it. Hiking, skating, biking, exploring, beaching... We'll see.















Alex is trying to figure how this camera grew in the garden. Weird.














Come on Max, I get whatever I want!

4 comments:

Kim L. said...

BUMMER about the tramp. Your garden is AMAZING! Can't wait to hang with you guys tomorrow. Are we still on?

April Cobb said...

DON'T replace it. Totally not worth it... death trap, accident waiting to happen, lawsuit waiting to happen, time bomb ticking... you have heard all the cliches about it. They are ALL true about this one. When Trey broke his leg on our former tramp (now stored away in garage) the whole waiting room in orthopedics at Primary Children's was full of children who broke their arm or leg one of two ways: jumping on the trampoline or jumping on the bed (except the one little girls whose dad ran over her arm when backing out. Sad.) Anyway, we decided that we were lucky it was our kid and not someone else's who likes suing people and that it was only a leg and not a broken skull or spine. Don't replace it. Get a Wii instead. It's harder to hurt yourself playing a Wii.

TR said...

I love the old school tramp, it reminds me of the one I had growing up with a rusty old steel frame, stretched out springs, no pad over the springs, no 6 foot 'safety net' - I love it!

As a kid I LOVED sleeping outside on our tramp, jumping on it with a sprinkler on full blast underneath, playing dodge ball on it, putting it under the basketball hoop and doing some crazy dunks. Man that was fun!

I think I've just talked myself into getting one for my kids this week! Keep an eye on my blog, Ty, and hopefully you'll see a post about our new trampoline sometime this week!

Tyler and Karen Davis said...

Roberts, those days are over buddy. Put it away. I would UPS my frame over to you but dude, I don't want to be responsible for the broken bones. That's like me sending over a pack of cigs and saying "enjoy yourself". No different. Keep the ol' school memories tucked nicely away in a shoe box and consider yourself lucky you made it through in one piece. Let it go Roberts. By the way, stay away from Cigs too for once.