Thursday, January 17, 2008

One "Shocking" Weekend

Last Thursday Tyler started getting the weirdest thing in his head. It was like electrical shocks that would zap his head every few minutes. It started out mild but by Saturday they were relentless and I was getting really worried. We researched head zaps on google and pretty much kept our anxieties to ourselves. We went to the doctor on Sunday. This guy never even heard of head zaps (not good). After his evaluation, (massaging Tyler's scalp and looking in his ear...what else is a doctor to do?) he practically forced the nurse to get him an apt with the neurologist for the next day hinting that it was probably something serious like an aneurysm or a tumor or some weird life threatening thing. I started trippin' worst case scenarios.......... then memories started flooding my mind. Tyler is my everything, he is my sunshine. He is the most unique person I have ever met. He is the truest friend and the best husband and father. I could never replace him. I wouldn't even try. Sunday was a long day. Monday came around and the neurologist diagnosed Tyler with this rare form of a headache (with some long medical term) related to migraines. YEAH!! No serious, life threatening problem. By the way, everything is great and his head is feeling perfectly better now. What a roller coaster that weekend was. The kids love to refer to their super-hero dad as "Shock".




Love you Tyler.

5 comments:

shari berry bo-berry said...

thanks for updating us! Brad mentioned that he heard something might be wrong...we're so glad to hear he's OK!

Billings Family said...

Soooo glad you are okay. Can't imagine life without Tyler around. Youre a good guy Ty, STAY HEALTHY!

Andrea said...

That is aweful!! How scary! I think about Josh dying all the time (I'm alittle paranoid) and I dont know what I would do! I cant imagin how you must have felt. It must have been horrible! I am glad to know everything is ok :)

Chris Dodge said...

My older brother has what are called cluster headaches. I hope that is not what Tyler was diagnosed with. It isn't life threatening but sometimes my brother wishes is was because he is in sever pain so often. Take care bud!

Tiffany J said...

We're glad it's nothing real serious! What an awesome post! You guys have a great relationship!!