Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Day 3 Maui

Each day, we've been getting up at like 6 am (3 hours difference). We all go on a long walk along the beach. So fun hanging with everyone.









We had breakfast at The Plantation, which is a real famous golf course with the best views.












Karen and I went spearing at Black Rock. We nailed 3 different eels but all beat us and got off. One was huge and had a perfect shot in the neck. We had quite the audience underwater and everyone was screaming and freaking out at the fight. When it finally wiggled it's way off, he turned around and went after me and almost bit me. I haven't been that scared for a while. We got to swim with 2 huge turtles. Karen was in heaven.









This sweet Hawaiian dude appeared from nowhere to light the torches. He looked like he needed a hand.
































4 comments:

TheStewside said...

That guy looks a little crazy. Does he live in the jungle?

Linda said...

Congrats on Maui...fun, fun, fun! But, really, folks, if you're not going to travel all that way just to see U2 in concert, is it really worth it? Just think about it.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh you almost got bit by an eel? I think I would have peed my pants! You are brave!

April Cobb said...

It really does sound like heaven. Did you go to spearing school or something? Does it seem strange to any one else... the large ratio of posts involving spears? And I am just glad it was an eel after you and not that guy with the torch! What a great adventure for you both!